Website maintenance is scheduled for the week of Nov. 20, 2023. Please email us directly if you experience any issues with ordering and/or your account.
FedEx or Eve Technologies Holiday closures 2023: Christmas Dec. 23 – Jan. 02. *NOTE the last day to ship before Christmas is Dec. 13 (based on 3 day shipment) USA, Dec. 10 International. To receive results prior to the holidays, samples must be received by Dec. 04.
To ensure sample integrity and timely arrival, it is recommended that samples be shipped on dry ice via overnight delivery service on Monday or Tuesday
Triple packaging is required when shipping biological samples in accordance with international shipping regulations.
PART 1: Packing Samples for Shipping
- Place prepared samples in a small box/boxes. Refer to our “Sample Preparation” guide for instructions on how to prepare samples for analysis prior to shipping.
- Place two absorbent paper towels (or more if needed) around the sample box(es). Secure with an elastic band.
- Place the sample box(es) inside a large plastic bag. Remove air from the plastic bag and secure closed.
PART 2: Preparing the Shipping Container
- Place prepared packaged sample box(es) in a larger Styrofoam® box
- Add dry ice as follows:
- If shipping from within Canada: 5-7 kg (10-15 lbs)
- If shipping from the USA: 6-7 kg (12-15 lbs)
- If shipping international/overseas: 15 kg (33 lbs)
- Place lid on Styrofoam® box (do not secure the Styrofoam® lid with tape.)
- Place Styrofoam® box inside a cardboard shipping container
- Place the following documents inside the cardboard shipping container on top of the Styrofoam® lid:
- Packing slip with order number and other relevant client details for identification
- A detailed sample list
- Affix the following labels to the outside of the box:
- Dry Ice Label UN1845
- Address Label
- For non-infectious samples: Exempt Animal Specimen Label OR Exempt Human Specimen Label
- For infectious samples and if applicable: UN3373 Label
- A clear plastic shipping envelope
- Fold and insert the following documents in the clear plastic shipping envelope attached to the outside of the box. See the “Forms and Documents” section below for additional information regarding the following:
- Waybill (minus the top copy which you will keep for your records)
- 3 copies of the Commercial Invoice (when using)
- 3 copies of the Declaration of Biological Shipments (when using)
- Destination Control Statement
- Tape the shipping container closed with packing tape. Tape the bottom flaps of the shipping container if needed.
PART 3: Forms and Documents
Waybill Guidelines: CANADA
This Waybill section is specific for shipping with FedEx using FedEx’s Intra-Canada Waybill. If you are not shipping with FedEx, consult the shipping company for more information.
Section 1: From
- fill in the shipping date
- fill in your FedEx account number
- fill in all remaining lines detailing all relevant information pertaining to you
Section 2: To
- fill in with Eve Technologies’ name, address, phone number, and email address (Shipping & Receiving, Eve Technologies, 3415A – 3 Ave N.W. Calgary, AB Canada T2N 0M4, 587-975-8850, [email protected])
Section 3: Shipment Information
- fill in the total number of packages (usually “1”)
- fill in the total weight, check the “lbs.” or “kg” box depending on the units of measurement you are using
- fill in the dimensions (in inches), check the “in” box
- on the Total Declared Value line, fill in “$1.00”
Section 4a: Express Package Service
- check the “FedEx Priority Overnight” box
Section 5: Packaging
- check the “other” box and write “cardboard box with Styrofoam® insert”
Section 6: Special Handling and Delivery Signature Options
- check the “Dry Ice” box
- fill in the number of packages (usually “1”) and the dry ice weight
- for non-infectious samples, check the “Yes, Shipper’s Declaration not required” box
- for infectious samples, check the “Yes, as per attached Shipper’s Declaration” box
- check the “Description” box and state the species and sample type and include the phrase ‘non-infectious, no commercial value’
Section 7: Payment
- check the “Sender” box to indicate transportation charges are to be paid by the sender
- fill in your account number. Any shipping charges incurred by Eve Technologies will be added to your invoice.
Retain the top copy of the waybill for your records. Note the FedEx tracking number located above section 5 so that you are able to track your package during transit.
PART 4: Ship Samples
- Contact your preferred courier and proceed with shipment of samples.
- Monitor your package via the tracking number provided by your courier. You will receive an automated email confirmation from Eve Technologies upon receipt of samples. We will contact you directly if we have concerns upon sample receipt.